Since I can't remember [in great detail] what's been going on for the past year, I'll just explain this year so far.
In January, the highlight would have to be that right before midnight on New Year's Eve my boyfriend of 9 years proposed to me!!! We finished ringing in 2012, all while I admired my new bling! I love him so much and can't wait to be Mrs. Vining!
My lovely friend Kelly had her dirty thirty birthday party, and we were there to celebrate! I can't believe we are already turning 30 this year! Time really does fly the older you get.
In February, I flew to AZ and met up with my sister. I met some of her frineds and got to see Hurley. We then made the 31 hour drive back to MI. Together. In a car for 31 hours. Just the 2 of us. It went really well, though! We took turns driving and snapping pictures. We spent the week going out for lunch and sorting through her stuff. Then I had the difficult task of bringing her to the airport and saying goodbye for an entire year, as she traveled to Korea for a job. So proud of my little world traveler!
I also got a Dell lap top, my first ever! We used Joe's computer when we hooked up the internet, but we anticipated they would be leaving soon and wanted to be prepared.
In March, I figured out how to skype with my sister! It amazes me that there is technology that allows us the chance to speak and see each other, even though she is 13 hours ahead of us and on the other side of the world.
I also had an ingrown toenail removed. Completely removed. As in they chemically burned the root so it won't grow back. It was terribly ingrown, to the point of not being able to wear certain shoes and pain with each step. I let it go way too long thinking I could control it. Boy, was I wrong. I had to wear flip-flops for the first 4-5 weeks. Luckily, the first week and a half was warm and sunny. But then it was cold, rainy, and even snowed. My tootsies were chilly, but I was dilligent on keeping it clean and not putting too much pressure on it. It's healing nicely, just taking a while.
A couple days after, it was St. Patty's Day, so Pat and I went to the Baker's for a shindig. I brought homemade t-shirt bracelets for the girls, which they loved. We were all decked out in green and had a great time doing jello shots, playing darts, and taking tons of silly photos.
April, the month we are currently in. This has been a big month for me...I turned 30. My friend Kelly was throwing a Mary Kay party and said I had to be there so we could have a few drinks after to celebrate my birthday. Pat ended up getting the following day off so we decided to make a night of it and stay there and sleeep in the spare room. They live about 50 minutes away, so we try to hang out as often as possible but it can be difficult with the distance. But, she's one of my best friends and definitely worth the drive! :) In fact, I just asked her to be my matron of honor for my wedding, along with my sister and Kelsey! Back to that night though, I had a ton of fun playing with the makeup and foot fizzies that Jen, the Mary Kay rep, brought for us to try. I was finishing up and decided to go upstairs and see how Pat was doing and maybe grab a snack. When I rounded the corner of the stairway, I was blasted with "SURPRISE!" and then a sea of camera flashes. After the bright lights were gone, I saw all my friends who were wishing me a happy birthday! Even Kesey, Doug, and Erin made the trip to Wyoming to join in the festivities! I love my friends!!! Kelly made these amazing oreo pudding shots, knowing I have a weakness for the famous cookies. And she made biscuits and gravy for us in the morning ~ the hostess with the mostest!
On my birthday, Pat gave me a slip of paper and said we had to go to the post office. I thought yesssss!! My sister sent me something from Korea and it came on my birthday!! What great timing. I got a shirt, green tea from the plantation she visited, an abalogne shell from the sea parting festival, cute stationary with fun stickers, and a polk-a-dot face mask because Koreans wear them all the time.
I aslo started a weight loss challenge this month, Slimmer 4 Summer. $20 to enter, 10 weeks, 2 categories ~ % of body fat lost, % of pounds lost. 2nd place winners in each category will double their money, and the two 1st place winners will split the rest of the pot. We are near the end of week 2 and I'm not as active as I wanted to be right now, but with my toe still not fully healed I have to mindful that it could re-open. I worked out with tennis shoes on for the first time today in 2 months and did pretty well. There are 8 more weeks and I am determined to pull high numbers, I just have to give it everything I've got for the rest of the challenge.


No comments:
Post a Comment