Apr 22, 2012
Day 22: Whatever tickles Your Fancy
I'm really into sushi right now. I've always like it, but within the last couple years I have really branched out and tried many varieties. My friend and I went to a sushi bar last week for $7 sushi rolls, and they were so tasty! We got the dragon roll - eel, cucumber, avocado, crab (one of my faves); a crunchy shrimp roll - tempura shrimp, carrots, avocado, spicy sauce; lastly, a tahitian moon roll - tuna, avocado, fresh mango.
My sister and I went to a revolving sushi bar in Arizona the last time I was there to see her. It was so awesome! There were 2 belts on a huge oval bar, one going left and one going right. On the belt were all different colorful plates with pieces of sushi. You just pluck a plate, or several, off the belt and enjoy. The color of the plate determined how much the roll cost. Of course, I liked all the expensive ones. There were chefs in the middle of the oval making the sushi and switching out the plates. We took our time and tried several different rolls. They were all delicious. The greatest part was when we sat down and 3 rough-looking biker guys walked in and started going to town on the sushi, complete with using chopsticks! I wish we had one of these places close by. Until we do, I'll settle for $7 roll night at The Grand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment