Been busy the last couple days, so now I'm playing catch up...
Day 25: Your Day in Great Detail
This morning I got up around 3:45am. Too early, I know. I planned on going into work a couple hours early to do some overtime, which would have meant going in at 6am, but my fiance had to be to be to work by 5am and we share a vehicle. So, my day started really early. When everyone got here, my co-worker, Josh, gave me a handful of these weird little pebble-ish things. I was like what the heck am I supposed to do with these? They were hand-rolled jasmine tea leaves. I poured some hot water and dropped in the leaves and watched them start to uncurl. Once they uncurled the settled to the bottom and the tea was delicious! It's a little weird because each time you take a sip you see a bunch of leaves at the bottom of your cup, but you gotta do what you gotta do to drink this wonderful tea. And for the rest of the morning I proofed and released APub titles in our database, amongst tackling small tasks that came through in email.
At noon, the rain hadn't started yet and I was ready to break for lunch, especially since I knew I would be having a visitor! My friend, Kelsey, met me in the parking lot so we could take a power walk. She is an awesome fitness instructor and my inspiration when it comes to exercise. Of course we shared stories on things going on in our lives in great detail while we walked up and down the street and around the culdesac. We try to get together at least once a week - it's important to make time for your friends.
Back in the office, I got my lunch out of the fridge and ate at my desk: bourbon glazed chicken leg, potato salad, and cucumbers. And I read my sister's blog. Lunch always goes by fast, so before I knew it, my lunch break was over. More proofing and releasing, and working on several different changes from different departments.
At 5pm my fiance picked me up and we went home. His sister and her husband, Diana and Joe, have been living with us for the past 8 months, but they were at work for the night, so we had the house to ourselves! We had dinner - leftover glazed chicken legs! - then relaxed. Maggie, Joe's dog, is a great cuddler! We snuggled on the couch for a bit while Pat was absorbed in reading Harry Potter. Since we were both up at what felt like the butt crack of dawn, we were ready to crash around 9pm. But, like I sometimes do, I dilly-dallied around and didn't end up going to bed until 10pm.
Day 26: Your Week in Great Detail
To sum it up in one word: BUSY! Busy at work (since it's the end of the month), running errands after work (I don't get out until 5pm so I am always limited on time), laundry (sigh), deciding on and then cooking dinner, cleaning (house and my toe), working out... It never stops.
Day 27: Your Month in Great Detail
April 2012. April fool's day. First ever Easter candy bar at work. Easter Sunday. Wrath of the Titans in 3D. New cubicle on 2nd floor. Slimmer 4 Summer challenge begins. Exercise. Tastefully Simple party. Mary Kay party. Spirit day at work - favorite sport team apparel. Surprise 30th birthday party - for me! Skype with Jackie. Held Brooke's sweet baby girl, Norah. Annual eye exam. Read Susan Collins' Mockingjay. Work performance review. Joe's graduation ceremony.
No comments:
Post a Comment