Sep 3, 2010

Food for Thought

I love food! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and my favorite....dessert.

I just read a small article about this hot chocolate cafe and the owner loves ice cream too, in fact she had a daily meal plan that incorporated ice cream 4 times a day....that's my kind of meal plan! One food I could live on for the rest of my life would have to be ice cream. Ah, the creamy goodness! All the different flavors and tasty mix-ins. Mackinaw Island Fudge used to be my fave, but lately I like Butter Pecan. I also have a small place in my heart for french vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and spanish peanuts topped with a dollop of whip cream! Dee-lish! Don't even get me started on Cake Batter ice cream. It's like a piece of cake with ice cream in every bite. Glorious.

Today is bagel Friday at work...YAY! French toast bagel with honey walnut cream cheese starts off the day right.

Taco salads with edible shells...whoever came up with those deserves a medal. A crispy shell and a salad with all the fixin's and some salsa hits the spot when you are craving something with a little pizazz! And it's very pleasing to the eye.

Last night I made Ghirardelli turtle brownies. WOW! Those are like crack, once you have one you want another, and then another, and then another. The brownies of course were excellent and the carmel was like the carmel dip you buy for apples, smooth and creamy. Ghirardelli is my new favorite brand for brownies. The chocolate has an amazingly rich, silky flavor.

Another food I found lately that I like is hummus with chips. Garlic, or red-roasted pepper hummus are a big hit at my house. The kids like it so you know it must be good. A great salty snack and surprisingly not that bad for you.

I made Zucchini gems (zucchini, pecan, chocolate chip muffins) last weekend. A co-worker gave me the recipe and they are fabulous. I made them in my regular muffin pan and then my mini-muffin pan for the left over batter. The minis are seriously the perfect size. I can make it last for 3 savory bites as opposed to my boyfriend that shoves the entire mini in his mouth.

We took the boys blueberry picking this summer. Fun times! We ate almost as many as we picked. We ended up with 11 pounds when it was all said and done. So we had blueberry pancakes, blueberries in oatmeal, blueberry french toast, blueberry cobbler...you get the picture. In fact, I still have a bag of blueberries sitting in my freezer waiting to be used.

You may think I am like 32165498798412 pounds with all the talk of sweets and goodies, but I try to have them in moderation....try being the key word! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment