Patrick had quite a night at basketball. He plays with some friends from work once a week. Last night at the beginning of the night he was turning to try and block someone and got the ball right in his eye, then a little while later he was dribbling and the ball bounced up just right in the "sweet spot", and to round out the night he jumped up for a rebound and came down on his ankle wrong and it started to swell immediately. So he hobbled around for the rest of the night and iced/elevated his foot thinking "hey, I'm tough, I'll just walk it off".
This morning, as soon as I heard "oh F***!" I opened my eyes and saw him hopping because he couldn't put weight on his foot. I told him we were going to the doctor. After seeing the x-rays, the doctor said there was a chip fracture on his ankle. He has a walking cast and crutches, and has to see an orthopedist next week for a follow-up.
Poor guy, he plays so hard, but he's not so young anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment