SO, I haven't been on here in a while ... oops. I'll start off by saying that AZ was AMAZING!!!! I loved every minute, except when we were packing to leave.My sister met us at the airport and then took us to her apartment, where we were greeted by Hurley, her dog. It was so nice to see my sister, I missed her so much! Yes, I cried. We had a bite to eat and crashed for the night.
The next day we went all around her town. We went to her school and walked around campus for a bit, saw her old apartment, and just took the change of scenery in. The skies are blue, palm trees and cacti everywhere, and mountains line the horizon....it was beautiful!! We had lunch at Saddle Ranch Chop House, which had a mechanical bull for guests to ride. My dad and I got sweet potato casserole - a tiny skillet filled with mashed sweet potatoes, candied pecans, and topped with roasted mini marshmallows!!! At the end of our meal the waiter brought out this huge silver martini glass looking container and it was piled high with cotton candy, and he said it was on the house!! BONUS!! After that we went to Scottsdale through the "tourist" area and looked at all the shops, as well as some pics with some statues:


Then after a great first day we went to the top of South Mountain to watch the sunset, and ended with sushi!
The following day we got ready and headed out to Sedona, the Red Rock Country. Wow. That place was breathtaking! We hiked some trails, took tons of pictures, and were amazed by the red rocks.






We decided to have a sunset dinner at Rustler's Roost. After we saw Horny the bull, the mascot out front in his bull pin, we walked in and thought about riding the slide to the lower level. Since my sister and I were in dresses, we opted out on the slide. We had a delicious dinner, and the view was perfect - the city with all the lights starting to come on and the sun setting across the mountains! I had the prime rib and it was yumm-oh!! Dinner was followed by complimentary cotton candy - I love AZ simply b/c they give out cotton candy at the end of meals!! Awesome!! And then we made our way back to Jackie's apartment, where we finally saw a gecko! It was on the ceiling above her doorway. It was sort of white/light pink...I think it was trying to blend in with the wall.
As we were watching TV, Pat suggested we pack our bags so we wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning before our flight...smart man! However, this made me realize that we were going to be leaving in less than 12 hours to go home. I cried. Which then made my dad tear up. I couldn't help it...we had a glorious few days with my sister and now it was almost over. Hurley could tell something was going on...he was glued to my side. When I started to cry he curled himself up by me and let me hold him. He's my favorite nephew. What no one knows is I cried myself to sleep, not looking forward to the next mornings events.
Jackie was the best hostess ever!! She really made our vacation amazing and one I will never forget!!
Love you sis!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment