So.. last Friday was the final weigh-in for the Move It & Lose It weight loss challenge at my work. It started in January and was for 10 weeks. A bunch of people still wanted to keep going so it was extended another 5 weeks. I found out that I came in 1st place for % of pounds lost for these last 5 weeks!!! I was the happiest girl in the world. I believe I will receive a 10 punch-pass card to Powerhouse Gym, or 3 visits with a personal trainer at Snap Fitness...either one is fabulous! I know a lot of people blew off this last part b/c there was no money involved, but it meant a lot to me. In a weird way it confirms that everything I've been doing is showing and paying off. Not that I need to win a competition to tell that the difference, but it is a mental booster for sure. I feel so much better, and I love when people tell me how great I look. Such a good feeling!
The sun came out for my birthday yesterday :) I'm 29 yrs young. I'm going to rock this last year in my 20's! And I'll be skinnier!! People keep asking me if this was a hard one, but I am completely fine with turning 29. I think it's b/c I don't necessarily feel old. It was a very chill, relaxing day...watched a funny movie to get myself in good spirits, hung out with my love, had a delicious dinner (of my choice) at my dad's, and talked to various family members throughout the day. And I had a ton of birthday wishes on my facebook wall, which made my day that much more special! Overall, I am a lucky girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment