Apr 28, 2011

Raw Goodness

Why is sushi so delicious?

If you think about it, it's typically raw fish, wrapped in seaweed, with some rice, and maybe a few veggies. As I sit here munching away on my tuna/avocado sushi, I can't help but think it is also very pretty to look at...colorful veggies, pink tuna, white rice, and blackish green seaweed. Very pleasing to the eye, and we all know that people eat with their eyes, b/c if it doesn't look good we probably won't try it.

I feel like I can eat a ton of sushi in one sitting. How is one roll really supposed to fill me up? If there is a sushi bar at a buffet, I go straight to it and load up on my faves, but I also can eat plenty of other food as well. It's almost like the sushi is an appetizer. Now that I have been eating smaller portions and losing weight it's different, but I still feel like I could eat a boat-load of the stuff.

I stumbled upon this little place in Holland, MI called Wild Chef...it's a sushi/hibachi grill restaurant. O.M.G! This place is fabulous, thanks Jamie for turning me on to it!! We sat at a table that had a huge grill. I ordered sashimi, and my boyfriend ordered the Japanese marinated steak, which was prepared on the hibachi grill in front of us. The chef started off by throwing each of us a rice ball which we were supposed to catch in our mouths...mine went right down my shirt in my bra. Score! All the guys were pretty good at catching the rice. Now on to the meal... The sashimi was an oriental box filled with white rice and a variety of raw fish...YUM! Pat's meal was fried rice (that the chef made), grilled veggies, and the marinated steak...also YUM! We will definitely be going back. They had this "Lover's Boat" meal for 2 on their menu and it was a combo of sushi and sashimi, all varieties, in this mini pirate ship looking thing. Looked delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment