Feb 8, 2011

Week 6

I've been slacking...on this blog. We had our mid-way weigh-in, and I'm in 3rd place so far for % of pounds lost!! To me that is a-mazing! It makes this whole thing real and within reach. I have to step it up and kick it into gear if I want a chance at winning. This morning when I weighed myself I learned that I've lost 18 lbs. so far!
I rented Yoga Booty Ballet Live from the library, 2 workouts - Light and Easy and Latin Flavor! They are really fun! The beginning is a little odd for me and I usually fast-forward through it...practicing a crea (if that's how you spell it), and enlightenment. I'm not into that. But the rest of the workout is great. And surprisingly, the yoga poses aren't that difficult. Yoga has always been intimidating for me, b/c I'm not the most flexible person and I have big boobs that always get in the way. But I can actually do them! I am finding that I like the dance workouts, b/c you get a great workout but it doesn't feel like you're exercising since you aren't doing typical aerobic moves. In fact, Pat just got me Dancing with the Stars Dance off the Pounds...really excited to dive into that one!
I'm still doing the 30 Day Shred, but I haven't done it for a few days. I'm realizing that as long as I still can get a good workout in after work with some cardio it doesn't necessarily have to be 30 Day Shred. I'm mixing it up with Taebo Bootcamp and Zumba. I did just get some new 3 lb weights that I'm dying to try so I'm sure I'll shred tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment