Feb 21, 2011

Week 8

Weight loss is still going great! I weighed in this morning and am up to a total of 22 pounds lost! WOO!!!!! I love seeing that number on the scale go down! And I got into a pair of jeans that were too snug! That was a great feeling! I wouldn't have made it this far without the help of my 2 biggest supporters...Patrick, my love, and Kelsey, one of my BFFs! They have been encouraging me with positive reinforcements throughout this whole process.

Last week was Valentine's Day. A day of chocolates, candy, and flowers. I have an amazing boyfriend that knew this would be a day of testing my strength - strength of staying away from sweets that is. He got me a workout video I've had my eye on and a movie that I wanted! Love that man! However, work was not as nice. A co-worker decided to create a candy bar in the break room. A long table with all different kinds of candies and chocolates, complete with little bags and ribbon ties. Needless to say, I made a treat bag for myself, but I've been limiting the pieces of candy I eat. I still have some candy a week later! It really was the cutest idea and she spared no expense at getting tasty treats!

Kelsey surprised me with 2 workout DVDs for Valentine's Day. My friends love me!! Shape Best-Ever Hollywood Workout, and the Anniversary Edition of Ultimate Taebo with Billy Blanks have been added to my growing collection of workout DVDs.

The Shape workout rocks!! It's really great, there's 4 workouts: total body toning (20 mins), power burn (20 mins), amazing arms (10 mins), and lower body blast (10 mins). Gunnar Peterson takes you through moves that are great from head to toe. I like that the moves are all quite basic but he uses weights to help with resistance. I like mixing up the workouts to create a great routine.


The Anniversary Edition Ultimate Taebo is good too. This one is heavy duty, be ready to sweat! There are 2 workouts on this: Turbo Charged Fat Burner (25 mins) and Ultimate Tae Bo (90 mins). I have only done the 25 min workout so far. In the one I did, Billy uses an amplifier thing for resistance. I don't have one, but half the class doesn't use one either. This workout is suppose to get you ready for Ultimate Tae Bo. It's fast-paced and energetic as usual. From the reviews, Billy has a section in the Ultimate workout where he does a "funky, free-style dance" ...should be interesting!

Overall, I'm still right on track with losing weight and eating healthier. And I feel great! I never thought I'd like exercising!!

No comments:

Post a Comment