My friend, Carissa, came to work with a Doodle Noodle Scarf she made out of an old t-shirt, and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make one. Thanks to my sister, who had a ton of "Maggie and Jackie" t-shirts, I was able to shred one up. Don't worry Jackie, there's still a few of those shirts in the garage. ;)
It's not necessarily a scarf in the sense that it will keep your neck warm, but more of an accessory to your outfit. I love the way it turned out - black with hints of teal and fuchsia. You can get as creative as you'd like and add in braided pieces, beads, knots, different colors...the sky is the limit. I think I may have figured out what a few lucky friends will be getting for Christmas!
Want to make one? Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z18qr0XqWjw&fb_source=message
I got the bit by the crafting bug this weekend, too, and made these little gems! Old t-shirts, beads, and hemp cord are all you need to turn a boring night into a craft night! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment