Oct 13, 2010

My Second Home

I got a promotion this week!!!!!!!!! Promotion + pay raise = one happy girl!! No new job title, but up a level in my current position. I am an Editorial Administrator for an audiobook publishing company, Brilliance Audio/Amazon.com. I've been with the company for 4 years, but the first 2 years I worked in the shipping warehouse. I applied for a temporary editorial help position and after 8 weeks they asked me if I wanted to stay! My job can be very demanding and at times VERY frustrating, but I like what I do. My co-workers are the best and make my job entertaining.

I play softball...Brilliance Bookies #1, and volleyball...Brilliance Audio SWAT Team (Some What Athletically Talented)! Our softball team is pretty good, made up of employees and some friends. We almost won the first place trophy this past season, but lost by one run in an extra inning causing us to place second. I had never played softball before I had joined the Bookies. I play catcher. Volleyball is a whole other story...we suck. Well, it's not that we are such a terrible team, but the other teams we were against were pretty much Olympic teams. Every time we thought we might have a chance we would fail. Fingers crossed that we at least win one game if we play next season!

I would rather eat long shards of glass than be on the soccer team. Sorry Kelsey if you read that! Running for long periods of time isn't my idea of fun, but kudos to those who can. I'm what you would call "top-heavy" and running can be uncomfortable.

I also am part of the activities committee. We plan fun events and holiday parties for the company. This is the first time I've participated and it's been a good experience so far! After all we are a "preferred place of employment".

1 comment:

  1. SHARDS OF GLASS... HAHAHA. soccer is fun, more fun than eating shards of glass. and with a ball on the ground, you hardly realize you are running the whole time.

    ReplyDelete