Mar 21, 2012

I Miss Her



I flew out to AZ and the next day we made our way back to the mitten...2 sisters, 1 open road, 31 straight hours of driving. Yes, I said 31 hours. We had some great music, thanks to Jackie's ever-growing play lists, and played a few games along the way. We counted how many England company trucks we saw and each time we passed a Loves gas station we said "Loves" in a soft, cuddly voice. And we were both ready for a shower and bed by the time we got out of her Neon in my dad's driveway.

We spent the week together going out to lunch every day, running errands, and going through her stuff. It was so fun! I miss doing that.

Then I had to bring her to the airport. We took pictures and shed tears as we said goodbye. She moved to the other side of the world -South Korea- for a job. She'll only be there for a year, but I know it will seem like forever.

We have skyped a few times (now that I can figure out how to work the mic) and I love it! I think it's so cool that we can see each other even though she's half-way around the world and 13 hours ahead of us. Technology never ceases to amaze me...what will they think up next??

1 comment: