Jan 20, 2012

Twenty Twelve

Happy New Year! A little late, I know, but better late than never, right?

I want to start off with a happy note - my boyfriend of 9 wonderful years asked me to marry him on NYE!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!! A few minutes before midnight he pulled me aside (at the house party we were at, as people were shoveling inside to watch the ball drop) and I gave him what I thought would be the last kiss of 2011. Then he dropped to one knee and held out a small black box and said those 4 life changing words - will you marry me? I was shocked and excited all at the same time but managed to say YES! And then smothered him in kisses!
I ran into the house, found my best friend, and shoved my hand in her face. She had tears in her eyes she was so thrilled and happy for us. Then I showed the rest of the girls and there were many squeals and congratulations as I told them how it happened. I didn't even care about the new year anymore, I just got engaged!!! But we all gathered into Ellen's living room and raised our glasses to ring in 2012.

Planning is in the very early stage...like we just started talking about things. We decided to not run off and elope, although, it was a possibility we were really considering. There's so much pressure involved with weddings these days. We are thinking 2013 - gives us time to plan and save up. We know we want to have the wedding and reception all at the same place - possibly outside or a banquet hall or something similar. Just seems easier to keep everyone in one place. We talked about who we might want to have in the bridal party, but haven't quite figured that out yet. And we really haven't talked about anything else. :) I will be starting to form a guest list this weekend which will give us a better feeling of how big of a place we need, how much food, etc.

We are telling the boys tonight, as they've been at their mom's since Pat asked me. I can't wait to see their faces!!!


1 comment: